Tour Code: AT-3
Departs: Melbourne 7:00am
Returns: Melbourne 9:00pm
Max Passengers: 24
$135A – $95C
- Morning Tea & Biscuits
- Lunch & Snacks
- Water Refill Station
- National Park Entry Fees
- Modern Air Conditioned Bus
- Highly Experienced Driver/Guide
- Informative Tour Commentary
- Audio Translation Devices
- WiFi for the journey home
- Inner city pickup/drop off
GREAT OCEAN ROAD TOUR EXPERIENCE
Great Ocean Road tour is one of the world’s most spectacular coastal drives! Leaving Melbourne we pass Torquay before enjoying morning tea at Southern Australia’s beautiful beaches. Twist and the wind along the spectacular Great Ocean Road enjoying awesome coastal photo opportunities. Along the way stop to see cuddly koalas in the wild. Enjoy on the world’s most spectacular coastal drives as you travel on the world famous National Heritage listed Great Ocean Road Tour. The Great Ocean Road embraces 300 km of Victoria’s dramatic coastline from Torquay to Portland. There is no word to express the beauty of the Great Ocean Road Tour. See the abundance of Australian wildlife, whilst checking out the magnificent surf beaches, and walk amongst the ancient rainforest, before arriving in the afternoon to witness the marvel of these gigantic limestone stacks known as the 12 Apostles located in Port Campbell National Park.
1 DAY TOUR
$135 Adults – $95 Children
HIGHLIGHTS OF GREAT OCEAN ROAD TOUR:
WORLD FAMOUS NATIONAL HERITAGE LISTED GREAT OCEAN ROAD
ANCIENT RAINFOREST WALK THROUGH GREAT OTWAY NATIONAL PARK
AUSTRALIAN WILDLIFE & WILD KOALA SPOTTING
VISIT THE QUAINT SEASIDE TOWNSHIP OF APOLLO BAY
STROLL ALONG BEAUTIFUL SURF BEACHES
SEE THE LIMESTONE FORMATIONS OF THE 12 APOSTLES
VENTURE TO LONDON BRIDGE OR GIBSON STEPS
VISIT THE SHIPWRECK COAST & SPECTACULAR LOCH ARD GORGE
Koalas at Kennett
Loch Ard Gorge
1 Day – Great Ocean Road Tour
Travel to Apollo Bay for lunch (included), after lunch stretches those legs whilst exploring an ancient rainforest and admire some of the world’s tallest trees in the Otway National Park. Travel through rolling hills toward Port Campbell National Park and the breathtaking limestone formations of the 12 Apostles. Learn about the tragic tales of the Shipwreck Coast, view remarkable rock formations at Loch Ard Gorge and take a time to cool off in the magnificent Southern Ocean on our Great Ocean Road Tour. Check out the fallen London Bridge and the quaint fishing village of Port Campbell.
Reflect on an action packed day full of nature walks, wildlife, surf beaches, incredible rock formations and spectacular coastal views heading towards Melbourne. Stop in the township of Colac a Western District of Victoria for dinner (own expense).
Detailed Itinerary of the Great Ocean Road Tours Experience
Spectacular coastal vistas. Ancient mystic rainforest. Quaint seaside township. Awesome surf beaches. Majestic limestone and rock formations. All this and more if you join us in this Great Ocean Road Tour Experience! Drive with us along the Great Ocean Road that spans 243 kilometers from Torquay to Allansford in Victoria. Listed as a National Heritage, the war memorial is one of the most famous travel destinations in the world. Enjoy the fun and adventure as we wind our way to experience one of the most scenic coastlines of Australia.
We will visit the quaint coastal town of Apollo Bay in southwestern Victoria. Located on the east side of Cape Otway, Apollo Bay is a natural resort town where you can explore its rich rainforests filled with waterfalls, streams, lush vegetation, and exotic wildlife.
Walk through the Great Otway National Park and learn what the ancient rainforest has in store for us. Stretching from Torquay through Princetown, Otway Rainforest is replete with towering centuries-old trees, beautiful wildflowers, magnificent waterfalls, a variety of lovely birds, and many different species of wild animals.
Wander in the forest and be awed at the wonders of nature. Encounter wild animals in their natural habitat. This natural resort is also home to giant ferns and ancient plant life. Spot and count the wild koalas amongst eucalyptus trees. And if you’re lucky enough, you may even chance the elusive platypus, an egg-laying mammal. The rainforest is also home to swamp wallabies, quolls, bush rats, and possums. Listen to the songs of lovely birds native to Australia such as Ground Trush, yellow robins, fairy wrens, and much more.
Feel the sand between your toes and enjoy the beauty of the lush and exotic beaches of the Southern Ocean. Be mesmerized by the famous 12 Apostles and soak in the splendor of the rock formations’ allure and magnificence. Let the towering cliffs dwarf you as the raging waters of the surf pound on the rocks below. Witness the changing colors of sky and sea as the sun slowly sinks behind the giant limestones. Make sure your Great Ocean Road tour will be memorable.
You may be familiar with the children’s rhyme “London Bridge is falling down…” Well, learn more about the history and story of this famous London Bridge, one of the rock formations formed for years through the rough winds and seas of the southern ocean. It is a natural rock formation off the shore of Port Campbell.
You can also walk on the steps of the Gibson Steps and snap some photos of marvelous ocean vistas — lush beaches and riotous surf. The steps are a few minutes away from the 12 Apostles. You can see the Gog and Magog from the viewing platform of Gibson Steps.
Get lost in the natural beauty of Loch Ard Gorge while learning from our tour guide some history of the area’s famous shipwrecks. There had been over 200 shipwrecks between Port Fairy and Cape Otway.
As we head back to Melbourne, we will have a stop in the town of Colac for dinner. This time, at your own expense.
In this Great Ocean Road Tour, we will serve your morning tea and biscuits. We will provide you lunch and snacks, too. Also included are all entry fees. Our friendly, hospitable, and informative tour guide will point you some interesting sites and facts and will entertain you with stories and tales. We have modern air conditioned bus with experienced driver to pick you up and drop you off at your inner city hotel.
Wear the sense of adventure together with your warm clothes, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses, and a pair of comfortable walking shoes. Bring your camera so you can record your adventure and experience with us in this Great Ocean Road tour.
The day is guaranteed to be full of adventure: nature walks and wildlife spottings, incredible surf beaches, magnificent rock formations, and spectacular coastline vistas.
- Add Helicopter joy flight over the 12 Apostles (FLY) + $145
- Overnight Self-Explor with Return on a Different Day [AT3O] – with NO accommodation +$52
- Add 1 Night Shared Dormitory (SF) extra + $32 per person per night
- Add 1 Night Private Double/Twin Room (SF) extra + $90 per room per night
- Add 1 Night Private Double/Twin Room (ENS) extra + $150 per room per night(SF) hostel shared facilities, (ENS) motel ensuite bathroon
- Water Bottle
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Warm clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Small 7kg overnight bag, if using the hop-on hop-off option.
Submit your review
“Its a great memory forever….thanks very much Autopia! I def recommend it to anyone that want to see a bit more around Melbourne.” Ampay – Netherlands “We took a one-day-Great Ocean Road tour and our tour guide, Campbell, was super! He was knowledgeable, hilarious, and very entertaining. it was really a fun tour. Although we were picked up very early in the morning, it was sooo worth it. Highly recommended.” Franzi – Germany “I went on the one day Great Ocean Road tour and Simon the guide made sure the day fantastic. He was very knowledgeable and kept us all entertained!” Kris – England “The 1 day Great Ocean road tour was fantastic! The tour guide, Teagan, was really great and very friendly. She stopped at all of the sights and gave us ample time to explore.” Yukiko – Japan
At Autopia Tours we actively promote the protection of flora and fauna on our Great Ocean Road Tour. It is our duty to ensure there is minimal disturbance to this National Heritage Listed region and the species that call it home. Cultural sensitivity and respect for the traditional owners should also be shown at all times.
Part of our responsibility is educating guests on minimal impact practices and the importance of ensuring the safety of wildlife and the environmental sustainability of the destinations we visit.
1. Autopia Tours would like to begin by paying our respects to the traditional owners of this country, with specific acknowledgement to the Wadawurrung, Gulidjan, Gadubanud, Wathaurong, Djargurdwurung and Giraiwurung people. Please be conscious and respectful of the sensitivities of indigenous culture and the spiritual connection they have with the land at all times.
2. All our guides carry a current Level 2 First Aid certificate. Please report any accident or illness to your tour guide. We recommend anyone with an existing medical condition to carry their medication with them on tour and to notify their tour guide at the beginning of the tour.
3. All buses are fitted with waste bins. No organic waste should be disposed of onto the ground. Although organic, items such as banana peels, apple cores, bread and other food scraps, are not natural/native to the region and can introduce pest species, diseases or harm to wildlife if found and eaten.
4. The natural behaviours of wildlife are to be respected and not interfered with. When viewing wildlife, people should take care to avoid rapid or sudden movements, which could frighten the animal, and should keep noise to a minimum and refrain from touching, petting or feeding all wildlife including birds. Contact with people can introduce diseases to wildlife and can cause them to become aggressive.
5. People should remain on designated walking tracks, behind safety barriers/fences and follow all directions given by the guide/tour leader. Venturing off these can alter fragile ecosystems and can harm wildlife shelters and native vegetation. There are other dangers to be aware of too, such as cliff edges, unstable rock formations, overhanging tree branches and slippery ground cover. Remaining on tracks ensures safe visitation for guests and the environment.
6. Wildlife should not be handled or fed, unless by certified wildlife handlers. Feeding wildlife can alter their natural foraging behaviour and can lead to disease or illness through contact with people and the introduction of foods that are harmful to their digestive system. Feeding wildlife can also cause them to become aggressive towards people.
7. No flora or fauna should be removed from their natural setting. This includes dead wood, fallen leaves, flowers and so forth, as they form part of the ecosystem of the region and their removal could cause disturbance.
8. Wildlife that appears to be in distress, injured or in danger should be reported immediately to the appropriate authority, such as your Guide/Tour Leader, a National Park Ranger, Visitor Centre Staff or Wildlife Victoria Rescue Ph:1300 094 535.
9. If you are a smoker! We ask you to refrain from smoking whilst in the company of other passengers and limit it to designated smoking areas. Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles, or in any type of accommodation including permanent campsites. We make frequent ‘comfort stops’ to allow free time for guests but cannot guaranteed smoke breaks. Please ensure you dispose of your cigarette butt responsibly and appropriately.
10. We recommend all passengers bring a water bottle with you on our Great Ocean Road Tour. Purchasing bottled water contributes large amounts of plastic into landfill. Therefore, we ask guests to bring their own bottle, as there is access to water refill stations available on our vehicles. Please ensure you stay hydrated throughout the tour to reduce the risk of sun exposure and dehydration.
Learn more about EcoTourism: https://www.ecotourism.org.au/
- 1 Day Great Ocean Road Tour
- Adult Fare Prices apply from 13yrs old and above
- 1 Day Great Ocean Road Tour
- Child Fare Prices apply from 4 to 12yrs old
- Infants not included
Adult Eureka Package
- Adult 1 Day Great Ocean Road Tour
- Eureka Skydeck Entry Voucher
- Free Edge Experience Voucher
Child Eureka Package
- Child 1 Day Great Ocean Road Tour
- Eureka Skydeck Entry Voucher
- Free Edge Experience Voucher