Tour Code: AT-6LM
2017 Snow Season: 13th June – 3rd Sep
Operates: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun
Departs: Melbourne 7:00am (approx)
Returns: Melbourne 6:00pm (approx)
Max Passengers: 24
$135A – $100C
Family Friendly Fun Day Out
First-time Snow Experience
Resort Mountain Entry Fees
Highly Experienced Driver/Guide
Informative Tour Commentary
Inner city pickup/drop off
LAKE MOUNTAIN SNOW TOURS, WATERFALLS & CHOCOLATE
1 DAY TOUR
$135 Adults – $100 Children
Only 90mins from the city, Lake Mountain Snow Tour is Melbourne’s closest snow resort. This is the perfect tour for those first time snow visitors, who fancy building their own snowman, toboggan down the runs and ride the flying fox. See the local sights finishing the day with some delicious chocolate samples.
HIGHLIGHTS on LAKE MOUNTAIN SNOW TOURS:
90 MINS FROM MELBOURNE
3 HOURS OF SNOW FUN!
DEDICATED SNOWMAN PARK
SCENIC YARRA VALLEY REGION
LAKE MOUNTAIN ALPINE RESORT
CROSS-COUNTRY SKI TRAILS
MARYSVILLE & STEAVENSON FALLS
YARRA VALLEY CHOCOLATERIE
Gateway Estate Coldstream or Beechworth Bakery
Lake Mountain Alpine Resort
Yarra Valley Chocolaterie
1 Day Lake Mountain Snow Tours
Scenic drive through the Yarra Valley’s premier wine Region. Stopping at Gateway Estate Coldstream or Beechworth Bakery, for seasonal local produce, home baked pastries and sweets. This is an ideal place the grab some lunch to go or in the local town of Beechworth.
Just 90mins from Melbourne, Lake Mountain Alpine Resort is our closest snowfields with extraordinary views, cross-country ski trails, 3 toboggan runs, flying fox, tube runs and a dedicated snowman park. Enjoy 3 hours of snow fun for everyone, with time for 90mins ski lessons, or thrill seeking toboggan rides.
Explore the stunning nature surround Steavenson Falls, awe-inspiring 84 metre waterfall cascading towards the beautiful township of Marysville.
Cruise home via the famous Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, watch the art of chocolate making and indulge in tasting samples. Arriving back into Melbourne early evening.
Equipment Hire: is at own expense and can be arranged once you arrive onto the mountain with assistance from the driver.
**Please note the tour price does not include lunch.
Detailed itinerary of the Lake Mountain Snow Tours, Waterfalls & Chocolate
Enjoy the snow, marvel at the scenic waterfalls, and indulge your senses in sweet delights. Experience all this in our Lake Mountain Snow Tour. Passing through the scenic region of the Yarra Valley, it takes a 90-minute drive from Melbourne to reach Australia’s famous Lake Mountain ski resort. Lake Mountain is a favorite Melbourne snow tours destination.
On our way to Lake Mountain, let your eyes feast on the quaint views of the Yarra Valley, a premier wine producing region in the hemisphere. We have a stop at either the Gateway Estate Coldstream or Beechworth Bakery to grab some lunch and shop for local produce, sweets, and pastries.
Then we wind our way up to the Lake Mountain Alpine Resort, Melbourne’s nearest ski resort equipped with modern facilities, amazing views, cross country ski trails, toboggan runs, flying fox, tube runs, and a dedicated snowman park.
Located 120 km northeast of Melbourne, Lake Mountain is Australia’s popular cross-country snow resort and has been a favorite snow tours stop receiving over a hundred thousand visitors a year. It has the highest altitude of 1,480 meters above sea level covering a skiable area of 2,400 hectares including 37 kilometers of ski trails and 3 toboggan slopes.
Have fun in the snow for 3 hours in this Melbourne snow tours. Are you a first-time snow visitor? There are more ways than one to have fun in the snow. This is your chance to take a cross country ski lesson, toboggan down the slopes, or build your own snowman. And better yet, throw snowballs!
Get your cameras ready and take some amazing shots of the picturesque chalets overlooking the snow covered mountain tops. Your Lake Mountain snow tours won’t be worth it if you missed the opportunity to take photos and to have fun with your family and friends.
You have plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of this mystic and scenic mountain. Try riding the flying fox for a thrill of heights and release your fears. Show off your skiing skills. Or visit the bar, meet new friends, and warm up with a few cups of coffee. Create your memorable Melbourne snow tours experience.
Next, we travel to the charming town of Marysville and take a walk to the majestic 84-meter Steavenson Falls, one of the high altitude waterfalls in the mountain ranges of Victoria. Located in the heart of the 190-hectare scenic reserve, the waterfalls have 5 cascades totaling 122 meters of descent plummeting into the Steavenson River Valley.
Turn off your iPod and soak yourself in the experience with nature. Open your ears and listen to the music of the falling waters, the trees, and the birds. Reflect not just the action-filled day but also the magnificence and richness of the natural world. Steavenson Falls is always a delight to nature lovers.
On the way back to Melbourne we drop by at the famous Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery to taste the Valley’s sweetness. Learn the art of making chocolates and ice creams as you watch their chocolatiers showing their craft. You can also enjoy free samples of their products. Do not hesitate to indulge your senses with handcrafted chocolates, ice creams, and other sweet goodies.
Bring with you is your sense of wonder and adventure as you join us in this one day tour to the mystic mountain. Wear warm clothes, waterproof jacket, gloves, beanie, and comfortable walking shoes. Please also bring a water bottle. Don’t leave your camera in the hotel where we pick you up and drop you off. We provide you experienced driver and hospitable and friendly tour guide.
In this one day Lake Mountain snow tours, nature walks at the Steavenson Falls, and chocolate tastings in Yarra Valley the fun and adventure are guaranteed to be memorable. You can’t miss it!
|Skis / Boots / poles||$35.50 (adult & child)|
|Skis only (Classic or Skate)||$25.00|
|Ski boots only||$22.00 (adult & child)|
Snow Play and Clothing
|Padded jacket & pants||$40.00|
|PVC jacket & pants||$30.00|
|Snowsuit||$22.00 (child only)|
|Toboggan / PVC pants / boots||$40.00|
|Snowsuit / boots||$40.00 (child only)|
|Toboggan/ Snowsuit / boots||$45.00 (child only)|
|Padded pants / jacket / boots||$45.00 (child) $50.00 (adult)|
|Snowshoes / boots / poles||$25.00|
- Water Bottle
- Warm Clothes & Windbreaker
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Money to purchase upgrades
6:45 am: Bayview Eden 6 Queens Road, Melbourne
6:45 am: Travelodge Docklands 66 Aurora Lane, Docklands
6:49 am: Miami Hotel 13 Hawke Street, North Melbourne
6:50 am: Claremont Hotel 189 Toorak Road, South Yarra
6:50 am: YHA Melbourne Metro 78 Howard Street, North Melbourne
6:52 am: Rydges Carlton 701 Swanston Street, Carlton
6:55 am: The Nunnery 116 Nicholson Street, Fitzroy
7:00 am: Ibis on Therry 15 Therry Street, Melbourne
6:58 am: Space Hotel 380 Russel Street, Melbourne
7:04 am: Discovery Melbourne 167 Franklin Street, Melbourne
7:06 am: Nomads Melbourne (Industry) 196 A’Beckett Street, Melbourne
7:06 am: Pegasus Apart’Hotel 206 A’Beckett Street, Melbourne
At Autopia Tours we actively promote the protection of flora and fauna on our Lake Mountain Snow Tours. It is our duty to ensure there is minimal disturbance to the region and the species that call it home. Cultural sensitivity and respect for the traditional owners should also be shown at all times.
Part of our responsibility is educating guests on minimal impact practices and the importance of ensuring the safety of wildlife and the environmental sustainability of the destinations we visit.
1. Autopia Tours would like to begin by paying our respects to the traditional owners of this country, with specific acknowledgement to the Gunai people. Please be conscious and respectful of the sensitivities of indigenous culture and the spiritual connection they have with the land at all times.
2. All our guides carry a current Level 2 First Aid certificate. Please report any accident or illness to your tour guide. We recommend anyone with an existing medical condition to carry their medication with them on tour and to notify their tour guide at the beginning of the tour.
3. All buses are fitted with waste bins. No organic waste should be disposed of onto the ground. Although organic, items such as banana peels, apple cores, bread and other food scraps, are not natural/native to the region and can introduce pest species, diseases or harm to wildlife if found and eaten.
4. The natural behaviours of wildlife are to be respected and not interfered with. When viewing wildlife, people should take care to avoid rapid or sudden movements, which could frighten the animal, and should keep noise to a minimum and refrain from touching, petting or feeding all wildlife including birds. Contact with people can introduce diseases to wildlife and can cause them to become aggressive.
5. People should remain on designated walking tracks, behind safety barriers/fences and follow all directions given by the guide/tour leader. Venturing off these can alter fragile ecosystems and can harm wildlife shelters and native vegetation. There are other dangers to be aware of too, such as cliff edges, unstable rock formations, overhanging tree branches and slippery ground cover.
6. Wildlife should not be handled or fed, unless by certified wildlife handlers. Feeding wildlife can alter their natural foraging behaviour and can lead to disease or illness through contact with people and the introduction of foods that are harmful to their digestive system.
7. No flora or fauna should be removed from their natural setting. This includes dead wood, fallen leaves, flowers and so forth, as they form part of the ecosystem of the region and their removal could cause disturbance.
8. Wildlife that appears to be in distress, injured or in danger should be reported immediately to the appropriate authority, such as your Guide/Tour Leader, a National Park Ranger, Visitor Centre Staff or Wildlife Victoria Rescue Ph:1300 094 535.
9. Bring a water bottle with you on our Lake Mountain Snow Tours. Purchasing bottled water contributes large amounts of plastic into landfill. Therefore, we ask guests bring their own bottle, as there is access to water refill stations available on our vehicles. Please ensure you stay hydrated throughout the tour to reduce the risk of sun exposure and dehydration.
10. If you are a smoker! We ask you to refrain from smoking whilst in the company of other passengers and limit it to designated smoking areas. Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles, or in any type of accommodation including permanent campsites. We make frequent ‘comfort stops’ to allow free time for guests but cannot guaranteed smoke breaks. Please ensure you dispose of your cigarette butt responsibly and appropriately.