Tour Code: AT-5C
Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
Operates: *Wed, Sun
Departs: Melbourne 7:00am (approx)
Returns: Melbourne 7:00pm (approx)
Vehicle: Rosa / Coaster
Max Passengers: 24
- Meals as indicated
- Morning Tea & Biscuits
- Water Refill Station
- All National Park Entrance Fees
- 2 Nights Accommodation
- Experienced Driver/Guide
- Informative Commentary
- Inner city pickup and drop off
MELBOURNE TO MELBOURNE
GREAT OCEAN ROAD GRAMPIANS ADVENTURE TOUR
3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
Spend an amazing 3 days travelling along the Great Ocean Road Grampians National Park adventure tour on Route to Adelaide. Visit some stunning places including the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Mackenzie Falls, Halls Gap and some other magnificent sights throughout the region. Returning back to Melbourne in the early evening.
WORLD FAMOUS GREAT OCEAN ROAD
12 APOSTLES & LOCH ARD GORGE
AUSTRALIAN NATIVE WILDLIFE
BEAUTIFUL SURF BEACHES
GRAMPIANS NATIONAL PARK
EXPERIENCE ABORIGINAL CULTURE
MACKENZIE FALLS & SCENIC LOOKOUTS
BUSH HIKE ADVENTURE TRAILS
Grampians National Park
3 Day Great Ocean Road Grampians Adventure Tour
(Melbourne to Melbourne)
We depart from cosmopolitan Melbourne driving along on the world famous Great Ocean Road Grampians Adventure Tour. Passing legendary surf beaches before stopping in Kennett River to go koala spotting and listen to the abundant birdlife. Upon leaving Apollo Bay we take a guided walk in the Otway Rainforest and enjoy lunch. Later, we visit the amazing Twelve Apostles rock formation and Loch Ard Gorge. Overnight in Warrnambool. (L)
After seeing more wonders along the Great Ocean Road we visit Tower Hill National Park an extinct volcano plains, rich in Aboriginal history and an abundance of wildlife. Later we hike up to the iconic Pinnacles and get an amazing view of the Grampians at the top. With an enjoyable a traditional Aussie BBQ and overnight stay in Halls Gap. (B, D)
We start today with a hike to the base of Mackenzie Falls, the highest waterfalls in the Grampians National Park. We then check out some other famed sights such as The Balconies, and Reeds Lookout and Jaws of Death. After an amazing 3 days, we arrive into Melbourne or Adelaide early in the evening. (B)
Meal Key: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
*Itinerary is subject to change
a) Dormitory Hostel Shared Bathroom Facilities – $450 p.p
b) Double/Twin Hostel Shared Bathroom Facilities – $570 p.p
c) Sole Use Room Hostel Shared Bathroom Facilities – $690 p.p
c) Private Double/Twin Motel Ensuite Bathroom – $680 p.p
d) Private Sole Use Room Motel w/t Ensuite Bathroom – $910 p.p.
- Add Eureka Skydeck and Edge Exp. (ET) + $27
- Add Helicopter Scenic Flight over the 12 Apostles (FLY) + $145
- Water Bottle
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Warm clothing
- Swimmers (summer months)
- Small overnight bag
Most popular pickup locations:
Adina Apartment Hotel – 189 QUEEN ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:28am
Atlantis Hotel, 300 SPENCER ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:31am
Base Backpackers, 17 CARLISLE ST, ST KILDA @ 07:10am
Claremont Hotel, 189 TOORAK RD, SOUTH YARRA @ 06:50am
Coffee Palace (Nomads), Grey/jackson St St. Kilda @ 07:20am
Cosmopolitan Hotel, 2-8 CARLISLE ST, ST KILDA @ 07:11am
Crossley Hotel, 51 LT BOURKE ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:20am
Discovery Melbourne, 167 FRANKLIN ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:06am
Grand Hyatt Hotel, 123 COLLINS ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:15am
Hilton South Wharf, 2 CONVENTION CENTRE PL @ 07:45am
Holiday Inn, 575 FLINDERS LANE, NEAR SPENCER ST @ 07:36am
Ibis on Lt Bourke, 600 LITTLE BOURKE ST @ 07:30am
Ibis on Therry, 15 THERRY STREET, MELBOURNE @ 07:00am
Immigration Museum, CNR FLINDERS/MARKET ST @ 07:45am
Mantra on Russell, 222 RUSSELL ST @ 07:19am
Marriott Hotel, CNR LONSDALE and EXHIBITION ST. @ 07:20am
Mercure Welcome, 265 LT. BOURKE STREET @ 07:21am
Oaks on Collins, 480 COLLINS ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:30am
Pegasus Apart’ Hotel, 206 A’BECKETT ST. @ 07:10am
Peppers Docklands – 679 LATROBE ST DOCKLANDS @ 06:50am
Radisson Hotel, 380 WILLIAM ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:07am
Regent Theatre, 191 COLLINS ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:24am
Rydges Carlton, 701 SWANSTON ST, CARLTON @ 06:52am
Rydges Melbourne, 186 EXHIBITION ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:19am
Somerset on Elizabeth, 250 ELIZABETH ST @ 07:26am
Space Hotel, 380 RUSSELL ST, MELBOURNE @ 06:58am
Travelodge Docklands, 66 AURORA LANE, DOCKLANDS @ 06:45am
Travelodge Southbank, 9 RIVERSIDE QUAY, SOUTHBANK @ 07:40am
Tune Hotel, 609 SWANSTON ST @ 06:50am
Urban Central, 334 CITY RD, SOUTHBANK @ 07:30am
Vibe Savoy, 630 LITTLE COLLINS ST (stand on corner) @ 07:30am
Windsor Hotel, 111 SPRING ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:17am
YHA Melbourne Central, 562 FLINDERS ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:35am
YHA Melbourne Metro, 78 HOWARD ST, NORTH MELB @ 06:50am
** Please arrive 5-10 mins prior to you nominated pickup time so as not to delay or miss your tour.
At Autopia Tours we actively promote the protection of flora and fauna on our 3 Day Great Ocean Road Grampians Adventure Tour (Melbourne to Melbourne). It is our duty to ensure there is minimal disturbance to these National Heritage Listed regions and the species that call them home. Cultural sensitivity and respect for the traditional owners should also be shown at all times.
Part of this responsibility is educating our guests on their behaviour and the importance of ensuring the safety wildlife and the environmental sustainability of the destinations we visit.
1. Autopia Tours would like to begin by paying our respects to the traditional owners of this country,with specific acknowledgement to the Kirrae Whurrong, Gulidjan, Gadubanud, Wathaurong, Jardwadjali, Djab Wurrung and Gunditjmara people. Please be conscious and respectful of the sensitivities of indigenous culture and the spiritual connection they have with the land at all times. The Grampians region, known as Gariward, and Tower Hill Reserve are special and deeply spiritual places for the traditional owners and we are committed to ensuring these connections survive.
2. All our guides carry a current Level 2 First Aid certificate, please report any accident to your tour guide. We recommend anyone with an existing medical condition to carry their medication with them on tour and to notify their tour guide at the beginning of the tour.
3. All buses are fitted with waste bins.No organic waste should be disposed of onto the ground. Although organic, items such as banana peels, apple cores, bread and other food scraps, are not natural/native to the region and can introduce pest species, diseases or harm to wildlife if found and eaten.
4. The natural behaviours of wildlife are to be respected and not interfered with. When viewing wildlife, people should take care to avoid rapid or sudden movements, which could frighten the animal, and should keep noise to a minimum and refrain from touching, petting or feeding all wildlife including birds. Contact with people can introduce diseases to wildlife and can cause them to become aggressive.
5. People should remain on designated walking tracks, behind safety barriers/fences and follow all directions given by the guide/tour leader. Venturing off these can alter fragile ecosystems and can harm wildlife shelters and native vegetation. There are other dangers to be aware of too, such as cliff edges, unstable rock formations, overhanging tree branches and slippery ground cover. The beauty of the Great Ocean Road and the Grampians is easily enjoyed from the trails and this greatly reduces the risk of injury or ecosystem disturbance.
6. Wildlife should not be handled or fed,unless by certified wildlife handlers. Feeding wildlife can alter their natural foraging behaviour and can lead to disease or illness through contact with people and the introduction of foods that are harmful to their digestive system.
7. No flora or fauna should be removed from their natural setting. This includes dead wood, fallen leaves, flowers and so forth, as they form part of the ecosystem of the region and their removal could cause disturbance.
8. Wildlife that appears to be in distress, injured or in danger should be reported immediately to the appropriate authority, such as your Guide/Tour Leader, a National Park Ranger, Visitor Centre Staff or Wildlife Victoria Rescue Ph:1300 094 535.
9. If you are a smoker! We ask you to refrain from smoking whilst in the company of other passengers and limit it to designated smoking areas. Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles, or in any type of accommodation including permanent campsites. We make frequent ‘comfort stops’ to allow free time for guests but cannot guaranteed smoke breaks. Please ensure you dispose of your cigarette butt responsibly and appropriately.
10. Bring a water bottle with you on our 3 Day Great Ocean Road Grampians Adventure Tour. Purchasing bottled water contributes large amounts of plastic into landfill. Therefore, we ask guests to bring their own bottle, as there is access to water refill stations available on our vehicles. Please ensure you stay hydrated throughout the tour to reduce the risk of sun exposure and dehydration.
11. Some of the walks are over uneven or rocky surfaces. We recommend guests wear sturdy, comfortable shoes and have a moderate level of mobility.
Learn more about EcoTourism: https://www.ecotourism.org.au/