Tour Code: AT-2AD
Duration: 14 Days / 13 nights
Operates: Select Wednesdays
(Wednesdays until October 18th 2017)
Departs: Adelaide 6.30 am
Returns: Darwin 6:00 pm
Vehicle: Air Conditioned Mini-bus
Max Passengers: 24
- Pickup Adelaide to Darwin Tour
- Meals as Indicated – 10B, 13L, 10D
- 2 Nights Camping (shared facilities)
- 2 Nights Camping (with basic facilities)
- 3 Nights Permanent tented camp (shared facilities)
- 3 Nights furnished tented camp (shared facilities)
- 1 Night Underground Multishare
- 2 Nights Hostel multishare
- All National Park Entrance Fees
- Coober Pedy mine tour
- Josephines Gallery & Kangaroo Orphanage
- Guided Mala indigenous interpretive walk
- Uluru Culture Centre
- Flight from Alice Springs to Darwin
- Mary River cruise
- Pudakul Cultural Experience
- Twin Falls Gorge River Cruise
- Pine Creek Gold-Mining Centre
- Highly Experienced Driver / Guide
- Informative Tour Commentary
ADELAIDE TO DARWIN TOUR OVERLAND
14 DAY TOUR
Get set for a rugged outback adventure on our 14 day Adelaide to Darwin Tour overland. Watch the landscapes change as you leave Adelaide, passing through one of their finest wine regions and then on to the stunning Flinders Ranges. Take the road less travelled along the Oodnadatta Track, passing by the epic Lake Eyre salt lake along the way. Try your luck at finding some opals in the strange underground town of Coober Pedy. Then immerse yourself in the natural and cultural wonders of the Red Centre by hiking through the domes of Kata Tjuta, watching the colours change over Uluru and hiking around the magical Kings Canyon. Fly to Darwin for some free time before heading into Kakadu National Park for crocodile spotting, indigenous culture and rock art and some magnificent waterfalls. Finish it all off with a visit to Litchfield National Park where you can cool off in the pools and view the huge termite mounds.
HIKE THE BEAUTIFUL FLINDERS RANGES
EXPLORE PART OF THE OODNADATTA TRACK
GET CREATIVE AT LAKE EYRE
STAY UNDERGROUND IN COOBER PEDY & MINE FOR OPALS
SLEEP UNDER THE STARS IN THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK
INDIGENOUS CULTURAL EXPERIENCES AND CREATION STORIES
OPTIONAL HELICOPTER FLIGHT OVER ULURU ($150 EACH)
WORLD HERITAGE LISTED ULURU-KATA TJUTA & KAKADU NATIONAL PARKS.
HIKE KINGS CANYON
CROCODILE SPOTTING ALONG THE MARY RIVER
ROCK ART IN KAKADU NATIONAL PARK
MAGNIFICENT KATHERINE GORGE
SWIMMING IN THE WATERFALL POOLS OF KAKADU
LITCHFIELD NATIONAL PARK
14 Day / 13 Nights Adelaide to Darwin Tour Overland
Travel from top to bottom through the centre of Australia on our 14 Day Adelaide to Darwin Tour Overland Adventure, with spectacular outback highlights. Explore the wilderness of the Flinders Ranges. Experience some of its finest scenery during the drive through the ranges and spend the night there camped under the stars. Enjoy a real Australian outback adventure with a journey down part of the Oodnadatta Track. Along the way we stop by at Lake Eyre, the country’s largest salt lake. Have your cameras handy! The salty background makes for some funny and creative photos which trick the eyes!
Experience an underground town when we visit Coober Pedy. Temperatures can get so hot here, the townspeople decided it was more comfortable to move underground! We’ll take a town tour and stay in an underground bunkhouse. Try your luck here ‘noodling’ for opals, a truly unique souvenir if you can find one!
Feel connected to the land during your visit to Uluru. The Anangu have a deeply spiritual connection here and you can get an appreciation for this at the Culture Centre and on the Anangu guided Mala Walk at the base. Be swept away by the beauty of the rock on the base walk and the sunset viewing, where you can literally see the colours changing over the rock as the sun fades. Explore the Kata Tjuta domes. They may be lesser known than Uluru, but they are no less impressive. We’ll take a hike through the Valley of the Winds, winding through among the formations with views over the landscape.
Be surprised by Kings Canyon. The first part may be challenging, but once you have reached the top you’ll be rewarded with the most impressive canyon and landscape views. Peer into the Canyon itself, look out over the surrounding landscape, discover the Lost City and Garden of Eden and look out for bush foods.
Enjoy Darwin at your own pace with a free day to explore. If you feel adventurous, head over to Crocosaurus Cove and come face to face with a 5m salty in their Cage of Death experience. Learn about the Royal Flying Doctor Service in their museum which will have you stepping back in time. Or relax for the day at your hostel pool before heading over to the Mindil Beach Sunset Markets.
Get to know Kakadu National Park! Be welcomed to the region by the traditional owners, swim in waterholes, view waterfalls and camp outside in this remote part of the country. We’ll even have a look at some ancient rock art and spot some crocodiles on a river cruise. Explore Litchfield National Park and view the huge termite mounds. No visit is complete without a photo next to one of these! We’ll have a look at some waterfalls and refresh ourselves with a swim in the pools there too.
** This tour is operated by Adventure Tours Australia in partnership with Autopia Tours.
Day 1 - Adelaide to the Flinders Ranges
Day 2 - Oodnadatta Track and Lake Eyre
Day 3 - Outback and Coober Pedy
Day 4 - Coober Pedy to Yulara
Day 5 - Kata Tjuta and Uluru
Day 6 - Uluru to Kings Canyon
Day 7 - Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Day 8 - Flight to Darwin
Day 9 - Darwin
Day 10 - Kakadu National Park - Mary River Wetlands and Ubirr
Day 11 - Kakadu National Park
Day 12 - Kakadu National Park to Nitmiluk National Park
Day 13 - Nitmiluk National Park
Day 14 - Litchfield National Park to Darwin
Adelaide to Darwin Tour Packing Tips
- 1.5 Litre Water Bottle
- Sleeping Bag, not available for purchase onboard
- 15kg soft luggage and small day bag
- Any medications you usually take
- Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions
- Warm jacket, thermals, woollen hat is advisable for the colder months
- Comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread
- Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- Swimmers, towel & toilettes
- Camp torch/headlamp
Uluru helicopter flight – $150 per person, minimum of 2 people per flight.
14 Day Adelaide to Darwin Tour
Departure Point: Adelaide Central YHA, 135 Waymouth St, Adelaide @ 6:30 am (view Map)
Please arrive 15mins prior to the departure time.
- Please bring your own sleeping bag on Adelaide to Darwin Tours, as they are not available for purchase or hire.
- This tour and vehicle is not suitable for children or infants. Minimum age is 18 years old.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks, you will need to be prepared for walk between 3-9 km on some days.
- This tour covers long distances and there is often little or no phone signal, a satellite phone is carried your guide encase of emergencies.
- We recommend pre-booking any optional activities in advance to avoid disappointment.
- We also recommend all guests have travel insurance organised prior to departure.
- Accommodation each night is basic, with most nights camping in an Aussie swag or dome tents. Facilities can be quite basic most nights with showers not available every evening. You may not be able to charge devices most evenings.
- Please have Darwin accommodation arranged prior to departure, as accommodation there can get busy and there will be limited opportunity to book along the way.
Food & Dietary Requirements
- Your guide will prepare most of the meals whilst on tour, but you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes.
- Passengers with special meal requirements or food allergies MUST ensure they notify their travel agents or us at the time of booking.
- Food is purchased prior to the commencement of this tour and special requirements cannot be catered for after departing.
Reconfirming Your Booking
- Please reconfirm at least 48-hours prior to departure and notify us of any dietary requirements, medical conditions.
- This will give you the opportunity to reconfirm your pickup location and departure time too.
- Providing a travelling contact phone number prior to departure, makes it easier for us to find you during morning pickups
Arriving into Perth
- Please avoid arranging flights out of Darwin until the following day after the tour finishes, in case of any delays due to traffic.
- Guests can’t be dropped off at Darwin airport.