Tour Code: AT-2SO
Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
(Operates Sep 2nd to May 26th 2018)
Departs: Adelaide 5.00 am
Returns:Adelaide 8.00 pm
Vehicle: Air Conditioned Mini-bus
Max Passengers: 21
- Adelaide Pick-up and Drop-Off
- Meals as Indicated – 2B, 3L, 2D
- Koala spotting at Mikkira Station
- Whalers Way Conservation Park
- Port Lincoln National Park
- Highly Experienced Driver / Guide
- Informative Tour Commentary
3 day Southern Ocean Wildlife Adventure Tours
Adult Fare Prices apply to +18yrs old
3 Day Southern Ocean Wildlife Adventure Tours
Get to know some of Australia’s unique and fascinating creatures with this wildlife adventure.
Spot some koalas and parrots on Mikkira Station, a working station located on the Eyre Peninsula.
Get up close and personal with some of the most feared creatures with a shark cage dive (own expense). This is a full day adventure and is something you will never forget!
Swim with the ‘puppies of the sea’ with a journey to swim and play with sea lions (own expense). These animals are extremely curious and playful and are often described as the most interactive wildlife you can swim with. Explore the beautiful Eyre Peninsula, with stops to view gorgeous coastal scenery and search for some iconic Australian wildlife.
** This tour is operated by Adventure Tours Australia in partnership with Autopia Tours.
Day 1 - Adelaide to Port Lincoln
Day 2 - Whalers Way and Port Lincoln National Park
Day 3 - Hopkins Island to Adelaide
Southern Ocean Wildlife Adventure Tours Packing Tips
- 1.5 Litre Water Bottle
- Sleeping Bag, not available for purchase onboard
- 15kg soft luggage and small day bag
- Any medications you usually take
- Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions
- Warm jacket, thermals, woollen hat is advisable for the colder months
- Comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread
- Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- Swimmers, towel & toilettes
Swim with Sea Lions $205 per person.
Swim with sea lions on this amazing 4 hour cruise with Adventure Bay Charters. This once in a lifetime opportunity is truly not to be missed. Sea lions are known as the puppies of the sea, being extremely playful and inquisitive by nature. You may even get a kiss from one! Book direct with Adventure Bay Charters, 08 8682 2979.
Calypso Star Charters – $395 for viewing from the boat. Additional $100 to get into the cage.
An Advanced Eco Certified business who use a sustainable natural fish berley to attract the sharks. This is a full day tour, from 6.30am and can return anywhere between 6 and 9pm. Travel time via boat to the dive site takes around 2.5 hours. Breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon tea, all equipment, tea/coffee and water all provided. Book direct with Calypso Star Charters, 08 8682 3939.
Adventure Bay Charters – $395 for viewing from the boat. Additional $125 for underwater viewing (either cage or sub tank).
This company prefers to use rock music instead of berley, pumping AC/DC songs to attract the sharks. They also have a dry underwater viewing area known as the sub tank for those wanting to see the sharks in their natural habitat but stay dry! This is a full day tour, beginning around 6.30am and returning between 6-7pm. Photos, light breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon tea and all equipment provided. Book direct, 08 8682 2979. with Adventure Bay Charters, 08 8682 2979.
Please note these tours are not operated by us and can have different terms and conditions. We recommend you visit their websites for all the details and terms and conditions. Weather can impact on these tours, which is outside of our control. Tours may be cancelled, in which case a full refund will be issued by the operator. As we are dealing with wildlife, they are always expected but never guaranteed.
Default departure location: Adelaide Central YHA, 135 Waymouth St, Adelaide @ 5:00 am (view Map)
Please arrive 15mins prior to the departure time.
- Please bring your own sleeping bag on Adelaide to Southern Ocean Wildlife Adventure Tours, as they are not available for purchase or hire.
- This tour and vehicle is not suitable for children or infants. Minimum age is 18 years old.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks, you will need to be prepared for walk between 3-9 km on some days.
- This tour covers long distances and there is often little or no phone signal, a satellite phone is carried your guide encase of emergencies.
- We recommend pre-booking any optional activities in advance to avoid disappointment.
- We also recommend all guests have travel insurance organised prior to departure.
- Accommodation each night is basic, with most nights camping in an Aussie swag or dome tents. Facilities can be quite basic most nights with showers not available every evening. You may not be able to charge devices most evenings.
- Please have Adelaide accommodation arranged prior to departure, as accommodation there can get busy and there will be limited opportunity to book along the way.
Food & Dietary Requirements
- Your guide will prepare most of the meals whilst on tour, but you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes.
- Passengers with special meal requirements or food allergies MUST ensure they notify their travel agents or us at the time of booking.
- Food is purchased prior to the commencement of this tour and special requirements cannot be catered for after departing.
Reconfirming Your Booking
- Please reconfirm at least 48-hours prior to departure and notify us of any dietary requirements, medical conditions.
- This will give you the opportunity to reconfirm your pickup location and departure time too.
- Providing a travelling contact phone number prior to departure, makes it easier for us to find you during morning pickups
Arriving into Perth
- Please avoid arranging flights out of Adelaide until the following day after the tour finishes, in case of any delays due to traffic.
- Guests can’t be dropped off at Adelaide airport.