Tour Code: AT-2PB
Duration: 10 Days / 9 nights
Operates: Saturdays (year-round)
Departs: Perth 7.00 am
Returns: Broome 5.00 pm
Vehicle: All Terrain Touring Coach
Max Passengers: 20
- Pickup Perth to Broome Tour
- Meals as Indicated – 9B, 10L, 9D
- 3 nights Camping (with facilities)
- 4 nights Hostel
- 2 nights Permanent safari camp (with shared facilities)
- All National Park Entrance Fees
- Pinnacles entrance fee
- Monkey Mia entrance fee
- Snorkel equipment in Cape Range
- Highly Experienced Driver / Guide
- Informative Tour Commentary
PERTH BROOME OVERLAND TOUR
10 DAY TOUR
Experience the real Australia on this Perth to Broome Tour Overland, visiting unspoilt pristine beaches and remote outback beauty of Karijini National Park.
HIGHLIGHTS on our PERTH TO BROOME TOUR:
DISCOVER THE STRANGE DESERT PINNACLE FORMATIONS
RIDE HUGE DUNES ON A SANDBOARD
EXPLORE KALBARRI NATIONAL PARK’S STUNNING GORGES
FIND YOURSELF ON A BEACH MADE ENTIRELY OF TINY SHELLS
MEET THE MONKEY MIA FRIENDLY BOTTLENOSE DOLPHINS
STUNNING COASTAL SCENERY & PRISTINE BEACHES
DIVE A WORLD HERITAGE LISTED NINGALOO REEF
UNDERWATER DANCE WITH CORAL BAY MANTA RAYS (own expense)
SWIM WITH WHALE SHARKS, THE BIGGEST FISH IN THE SEA (own expense)
SEE THE AMAZING SCENERY OF KARIJINI NATIONAL PARK
FULLY GUIDED BUSH WALKS TO GORGES & INLAND SWIMMING HOLES
10 day Perth to Broome Tours Overland
Adult Fare Prices apply to +18yrs old
10 Day Perth to Broome Tours Overland
Wander the Pinnacles Desert and be amazed by the strange limestone pillars rising out of the sand. The location is often described as looking like the surface of the moon and makes for some interesting photo opportunities along the way. Hike through the gorges of Kalbarri National Park. This stunning scenery has been formed over millions of years as the Murchison River carved its way through the red rock. We’ll hike down into the bottom of the gorge at the Z Bend and stroll over to the iconic Nature’s Window, a favourite photo opportunity of many travellers.
The colours and scenes of the World Heritage Listed Shark Bay region will leave you in awe. The stark contrast between the blue sea and the red sand amazes many guests to the region. Step back in time with a visit to the Stromatolites, meet the Monkey Mia dolphins and marvel at the unique Shell Beach. The region is also well known for emus, so be sure to have your camera handy!
Enter another world with a visit to the Ningaloo Reef. Whether you join a boat tour or head to the beach on your own, this is a place you will never forget. The Ningaloo is a fringing reef, meaning it is accessible right from the shore! Head out on a tour in search of manta rays, turtles and reef sharks, or just grab some snorkel equipment and go straight off the beach! It may be lesser known than the Great Barrier Reef, but the Ningaloo is sure to impress and leave you with lasting memories!
Join one of the optional boat tours and interact with some of the Ningaloo Reef’s famous locals. Dance with the manta rays, swim alongside the whale shark, view humpback whales, explore dense coral gardens or dive and search for nudibranchs and octopus (all at own expense).
Explore the ancient gorges of the Hammersley Ranges with a visit to Karijini National Park, where you’ll spend 2 whole days uncovering its many secrets! Marvel at the banded iron layers and colours of the rocks, hike through gorges and cool off in the swimming holes. Then of an evening, watch the colours change as the sun sets and fades, giving way to a sky full of stars each evening.
** This tour is operated by Kimberley Wild Expeditions Australia in partnership with Autopia Tours.
Day 1 - Pinnacles Desert and Sandboarding
Day 2 - Kalbarri National Park and Shell Beach
Day 3 - Shark Bay and Monkey Mia
Day 4 - Coral Bay
Day 5 - Exmouth
Day 6 - Exmouth to Karijini National Park
Day 7 and 8 - Karijini National Park
Day 9 - Karijini National Park to Pardoo Station
Day 10 - Eighty Mile Beach and Broome
Perth to Broome Tours Packing Tips
- 1.5 Litre Water Bottle
- Sleeping Bag, not available for purchase onboard
- 15kg soft luggage and small day bag
- Any medications you usually take
- Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions
- Warm jacket, thermals, woollen hat is advisable for the colder months
- Comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread(2 pairs – required to wear shoes through the Karijini Gorges which may get wet)
- Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- Swimmers, towel & toilettes
- Camp torch/headlamp
Optional Activities in Perth to Broome Tours
Kalbarri Abseil – $40 each for 2 descents
Start the day with adventure by abseiling down the gorge walls in Kalbarri National Park with Kalbarri Abseil. No previous experience is necessary, as full training will be provided on site. All equipment provided also. Get photos on your own camera, as guests not participating can take photos for you!
Swim with Manta Rays on the Ningaloo Reef with Coral Bay Ecotours – $165 each
Enjoy a 5-6 hour tour of the Ningaloo Reef with Coral Bay Ecotours. The day includes all equipment, including a short length wetsuit if required, morning and afternoon tea and a buffet style lunch of cold meats and salads. Enjoy the underwater dance of the manta rays as well as 2 reef snorkels where you will see beautiful fish, corals and possibly sea turtles and reef sharks! They’ll also make a visit to the turtle sanctuary, where you can view turtles coming up for a breath in the shallows.
Glass Bottom Boat on the Ningaloo Reef with Coral Bay Ecotours – from $37 each
Join Coral Bay Ecotours for a tour of the Ningaloo Reef on board their glass bottom boat. Learn about the tropical and temperate fish and corals you see under the glass. Choose between a 1,2 or 3 hour journey. The 1 hour is glass viewing only. The 2 hour journey includes viewing through the glass and a snorkel site. The 3 hour includes viewing through the glass, snorkelling and a visit to the turtle sanctuary, where you can view turtles feeding and coming up for air in the shallows. Your skipper can even try to get the turtles under the glass for you! Snorkel tours include equipment.
Whaleshark swim (seasonal March-July) with Kings Ningaloo Reef Tours – $350
Get set for an unforgettable day, as you head out to swim next to the biggest fish in the sea, the whale shark! This is truly a once in a lifetime experience and one that you will never forget! Start the day with a reef snorkel, where you can explore the coral gardens and view beautiful fish. You may even spot a sea turtle or reef shark! Then experience the awe of swimming along-side the whale shark, which are typically 5-10m in length here! All equipment is provided, including a wetsuit if required. Morning and afternoon tea and a delicious lunch also included.
Whaleshark/Humpback Whale swim (seasonal Aug – Sept) with Kings Ningaloo Reef Tours – from $295
Join King’s Ningaloo Reef tours for an unforgettable day out on the water. Start the day with a reef snorkel, where you can enjoy the beautiful coral gardens and fish. You may even spot some turtles or reef sharks! Then they’ll head out in search of humpback whales and whale sharks with the help of a spotter plane. The humpback whale swim is dependent on the willingness of the whales to be part of the tour. In the event the whales are uncooperative, the plane will search for another group. Should a whale shark be spotted on the day also, guests can upgrade their ticket to include a whale shark swim for an additional $110. All equipment is included as well as a wetsuit if required. Moring and afternoon tea and a buffet style lunch supplied also.
Scuba Dive the Navy Pier with Dive Ningaloo – from $190
The Navy Pier Exmouth has been voted one of the top 10 dive sites in Australia and one of the top shore dives in the world. The dive is to a maximum depth of 15m and strong currents mean that dives can only be completed during slack tide. Therefore, dive times will vary day to day. Search for nudibranchs, scorpion fish, octopus and eels. Huge groupers, sea snakes, grey nurse sharks, reef sharks and wobbegongs are commonly seen here also, as well as a beautiful array of fish and corals. There is a $50 Navy Entrance payable in cash only on the day (included in above pricing). All equipment supplied.
Scuba Dive the Ningaloo Reef with Exmouth Dive Centre – from $210
Explore the underwater world during 2 reef dives with Exmouth Dive Centre. There are numerous dive sites to choose from and these will be selected on the day based on conditions. Tours typically run from 7.30am until 4.30pm. See amazing coral formations, beautiful fish, reef sharks, turtles, nudibranchs, eels and more during your 2 dives. All equipment is provided.
West Oz Active (Karijini Canyoning) – from $285
Join West Oz Active for ‘the most fun you can have with your pants on’ in Karijini National Park. Explore the stunning Hammersley Range gorges with a day of abseiling, climbing, tubing and swimming through some of the most spectacular scenery the country has to offer. This is not for the faint hearted and participants must be fit and active and have a good swimming ability. We advise guests considering this tour to view the West Oz Active website for full terms and conditions.
*Please note these tours are not operated by us and can have different terms and conditions. We recommend you visit their websites for all the details and terms and conditions. Weather can impact on these tours, which is outside of our control. Tours may be cancelled, in which case a full refund will be issued by the operator. As we are dealing with wildlife, they are always expected but never guaranteed.
Default departure location: Perth YHA, 300 Wellington St, Perth @ 7.00 am (view Map)
Please arrive 15mins prior to the departure time.
- Please bring your own sleeping bag on Perth to Broome Tours, as they are not available for purchase or hire.
- This tour and vehicle is not suitable for children or infants, with a minimum travel age of 18 years old.
- A moderate to advanced level of fitness is required to complete the walks. Walks can be up to 6km in length, often over steep and rocky sections and in direct sunlight. Activities in Karijini are at the discretion of the guide and are subject to accessibility.
- This tour covers long distances and there is often little or no phone signal, a satellite phone is carried your guide encase of emergencies.
- Temperatures during the Western Australian summer can reach over 40 degrees in the shade. Although the buses are fitted with air conditioning, temperatures can become warm onboard during summer months. Overnight temperatures during winter can be very cold. Please be sure to bring adequate clothing for your visit.
- We recommend pre-booking any optional activities in advance to avoid disappointment, especially around school and public holidays.
- Your guide is able to book all optional tours for you at a small discount on the first day of tour, but this is subject to availability.
- We also recommend all guests have travel insurance organised prior to departure.
- Accommodation most nights is camping in private campsites. When accommodation is dorm share, men and women may have to share the same room. Facilities can be quite basic most nights with showers available every evening. You may not be able to charge devices most evenings.
- Please have Broome accommodation arranged prior to departure, as accommodation there can get busy and there will be limited opportunity to book along the way.
Food & Dietary Requirements
- Your guide will prepare most of the meals whilst on tour, but you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes.
- Passengers with special meal requirements or food allergies MUST ensure they notify their travel agents or us at the time of booking.
- Food is purchased prior to the commencement of this tour and special requirements cannot be catered for after departing.
Reconfirming Your Booking
- Please reconfirm at least 48-hours prior to departure and notify us of any dietary requirements, medical conditions.
- This will give you the opportunity to reconfirm your pickup location and departure time too.
- Providing a travelling contact phone number prior to departure, makes it easier for us to find you during morning pickups
Arriving into Broome
- Please avoid arranging flights out of Broome until the following day after the tour finishes, in case of any delays due to traffic.
- Guests can’t be dropped off at Broome airport.