Tour Code: AT-2PA
Duration: 9 Days / 8 nights
Operates: Selected Sundays
(Operates Sep 17th to Jun 10th
Fortnightly Sep-Nov, Weekly Dec-Feb, then fortnightly)
Departs: Perth 6.30 am
Returns: Adelaide 6.30 pm
Vehicle: Air Conditioned Mini-bus
Max Passengers: 18
Perth to Adelaide Tours
Meals as Indicated – 8B, 9L, 8D
4 Nights Bush Camp (no facilities)
4 Nights Camping (with basic facilities)
All National Park Entrance Fees
Head of the Bight entry + Whale Watching (seasonal)
Talia Caves & Cultural Centre Entry
Glen Forest Wildlife Park entry
Highly Experienced Driver / Guide
Informative Tour Commentary
PERTH TO ADELAIDE TOURS
9 DAY TOUR
The Perth to Adelaide Tours enables our passengers to enjoy 9 days of pure Aussie outback adventure! We’ll see all kinds of natural wonders such as Wave Rock, Cape Le Grand National Park, the Bunda Cliffs and the Flinders Ranges. Wildlife abounds out here too with opportunities to see kangaroos, wombats, emus, whales, sea lions, dolphins and sharks! Plus, you’ll get to spend your evenings camped under the stars watching the magnificent natural sky shows each night.
SEE THE GIGANTIC OCEAN WAVE ROCK FORMATION
WORLD HERITAGE LISTED FITZGERALD NATIONAL PARK
PRISTINE COASTAL SCENERY BOASTING THE WHITEST BEACHES
CAPE LE GRAND NATIONAL PARK AND LUCKY BAY
TRAVEL ALONG THE VAST NULLARBOR PLAINS
DRAMATIC BUNDA COASTAL CLIFFS
OUTBACK ADVENTURE CAMPING UNDER THE STARS
MURPHY’S HAYSTACKS ROCK FORMATIONS
PORT LINCOLN AND EYRE PENINSULA
OPTIONAL SEA LION AND DOLPHIN SWIM (from $160 each)
OPTIONAL GREAT WHITE SHARK DIVE (from $395 each)
9 Day Perth to Adelaide Tours Overland
Grab yourself some iconic photos at the wondrous Wave Rock, a strangely wave shaped rock formation in the Western Australian outback. Camp in Fitzgerald National Park, an area famous for its large amount of native flora, around 1/5 of which is found only in the park itself! Hike the beautiful Stirling Ranges, a place whose indigenous name means ‘mist rolling around the mountains’. This is the only place in Western Australia that ever receives snow, though it is rare. Enjoy views over the rugged terrain here and try to spot some wildflowers during the season! Marvel at the pristine beauty of Cape Le Grand National Park. You’ll find endless white sand beaches with the clearest blue water imaginable. Even the kangaroos come down to enjoy these beaches! Another great photo opportunity awaits you at the top of Frenchman’s peak, where you can overlook the islands of the Recherche.
Enjoy one of Australia’s most iconic road trips, the Nullarbor crossing. Gaze out into the seemingly endless desert from the comfort of your minibus. Be sure to watch for wildlife along the way. A great photo opportunity awaits at the Bunda Cliffs, where Australia meets the Southern Ocean in dramatic cliff faces. Stay on a working farm at Coodlie Park and enjoy 2 nights with a difference in a swag hut. This eco-friendly campsite is set among the native bush. Keep an eye out for wildlife here and enjoy the million-star view of an evening. Interact with wildlife like nowhere else. Take up the sea lion and dolphin snorkel at Baird Bay, some of the most interactive and playful creatures, making for an experience you will never forget! Or test out your nerves by giving the shark cage diving a go in Port Lincoln! Stay in some unique sites in the outback and experience the wondrous night sky like never before. On Mikkira Station you can try spotting some koalas and we’ll even stay at an old railway station across the Nullarbor.
** This tour is operated by Adventure Tours Australia in partnership with Autopia Tours.
Day 1 - Wave Rock and Fitzgerald River National Park
Day 2 - Fitzgerald National Park to Cape Le Grand National Park
Day 3 - Cape Le Grand and Nullarbor
Day 4 - Nullarbor and Koonalda Homestead
Day 5 - Great Australian Bight
Day 6 - Cape Le Grand National Park
Day 7 - Outback Adventure
Day 8 - Port Lincoln to Mt Remarkable
Day 9 - Way to Adelaide
Perth to Adelaide Tours Packing Tips
- 1.5 Litre Water Bottle
- Sleeping Bag, not available for purchase onboard
- 15kg soft luggage and small day bag
- Any medications you usually take
- Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions
- Warm jacket, thermals, woollen hat is advisable for the colder months
- Comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread
- Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- Swimmers, towel & toilettes
- Camp torch/headlamp
Swim with Sea Lions and Dolphins! $160 per person.
Swim with sea lions and dolphins at the same time on this amazing 3-hour cruise with Bair Bay Ecotours. This once in a lifetime opportunity is truly not to be missed. Sea lions are known as the puppies of the sea, being extremely playful and inquisitive by nature. You may even get a kiss from one! The Dolphins won’t disappoint either! Book direct with Baird Bay Ecotours, 08 8626 5017.
Calypso Star Charters – $395 for viewing from the boat. Additional $100 to get into the cage.
An Advanced Eco Certified business who use a sustainable natural fish berley to attract the sharks. This is a full day tour, from 6.30am and can return anywhere between 6 and 9pm. Travel time via boat to the dive site takes around 2.5 hours. Breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon tea, all equipment, tea/coffee and water all provided. Book direct with Baird Bay Ecotours, 08 8682 3939.
Adventure Bay Charters – $395 for viewing from the boat. Additional $125 for underwater viewing (either cage or sub tank).
This company prefers to use rock music instead of berley, pumping AC/DC songs to attract the sharks. They also have a dry underwater viewing area known as the sub tank for those wanting to see the sharks in their natural habitat but stay dry! This is a full day tour, beginning around 6.30am and returning between 6-7pm. Photos, light breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon tea and all equipment provided. Book direct, Book direct with Adventure Bay Charters, 08 8682 2979.
Please note these tours are not operated by us and can have different terms and conditions. We recommend you visit their websites for all the details and terms and conditions. Weather can impact on these tours, which is outside of our control. Tours may be cancelled, in which case a full refund will be issued by the operator. As we are dealing with wildlife, they are always expected but never guaranteed.
Departure Point for our Perth to Adelaide Tours
Default departure location: Perth YHA, 300 Wellington St, Perth @ 6:30am (view Map)
Please arrive 15mins prior to the departure time.
- Please bring your own sleeping bag on Perth to Adelaide Tours, as they are not available for purchase or hire.
- This tour and vehicle is not suitable for children or infants. Minimum age is 18 years old.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks, you will need to be prepared for walk between 3-9 km on some days.
- This tour covers long distances and there is often little or no phone signal, a satellite phone is carried your guide encase of emergencies.
- We recommend pre-booking any optional activities in advance to avoid disappointment.
- We also recommend all guests have travel insurance organised prior to departure.
- Accommodation each night is basic, with most nights camping in an Aussie swag or dome tents. Facilities can be quite basic most nights with showers not available every evening. You may not be able to charge devices most evenings.
- Please have Adelaide accommodation arranged prior to departure, as accommodation there can get busy and there will be limited opportunity to book along the way.
Food & Dietary Requirements
- Your guide will prepare most of the meals whilst on tour, but you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes.
- Passengers with special meal requirements or food allergies MUST ensure they notify their travel agents or us at the time of booking.
- Food is purchased prior to the commencement of this tour and special requirements cannot be catered for after departing.
Reconfirming Your Booking
- Please reconfirm at least 48-hours prior to departure and notify us of any dietary requirements, medical conditions.
- This will give you the opportunity to reconfirm your pickup location and departure time too.
- Providing a travelling contact phone number prior to departure, makes it easier for us to find you during morning pickups
Arriving into Adelaide
- Please avoid arranging flights out of Adelaide until the following day after the tour finishes, in case of any delays due to traffic.
- Guests can’t be dropped off at Adelaide airport.