Tour Code: AT-2AA
Duration: 7 Days / 6 nights
Operates: Wednesdays year-round
Departs: from Adelaide 6:30am
Returns: to Alice Springs 6:00pm
Vehicle: Air Conditioned Mini-bus
Max Passengers: 24
Adelaide to Alice Springs Tours
Meals as Indicated – 6B, 7L, 6D
1 Night Camping (with basic facilities)
1 Night Camping (with shared facilities)
3 Nights Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities)
1 Night Underground Multishare
All National Park Entrance Fees
Josephines Gallery & Kangaroo Orphanage
Guided Mala Indigenous interpretive walk
Uluru Culture Centre
Kings Canyon Hike
Highly Experienced Driver / Guide
Informative Tour Commentary
ADELAIDE TO ALICE SPRINGS TOURS
7 DAY TOUR
Get set for a rugged outback adventure. Watch the landscapes change as you leave Adelaide, passing through one of their finest wine regions and then on to the stunning Flinders Ranges. Take the road less travelled along the Oodnadatta Track, passing by the epic Lake Eyre salt lake along the way. Try your luck at finding some opals in the strange underground town of Coober Pedy. Then immerse yourself in the natural and cultural wonders of the Red Centre by hiking through the domes of Kata Tjuta, watching the colours change over Uluru and hiking around the magical Kings Canyon, before finishing Adelaide to Alice Springs tours.
HIKE THE BEAUTIFUL FLINDERS RANGES
EXPLORE PART OF THE OODNADATTA TRACK
GET CREATIVE AT LAKE EYRE
WORLD’S LARGEST CATTLE STATION
STAY UNDERGROUND IN COOBER PEDY, MINE FOR OPALS
VISIT A KANGAROO ORPHANAGE
EXPERIENCE ULURU AT SUNRISE AND SUNSET
SLEEP UNDER THE STARS
INDIGENOUS CULTURAL WALK AND CREATION STORIES
OPTIONAL HELICOPTER FLIGHT OVER ULURU ($150 EACH)
WORLD HERITAGE LISTED ULURU-KATA TJUTA NATIONAL PARK
7 Day Adelaide to Alice Springs Tours Overland
Explore the wilderness of the Flinders Ranges. Experience some of its finest scenery during a hike and the drive through the ranges and spend the night there camped under the stars. Enjoy a real Australian outback adventure with a journey down part of the Oodnadatta Track. Along the way we stop by at Lake Eyre, the country’s largest salt lake. Have your cameras handy! The salty background makes for some funny and creative photos which trick the eyes!
Experience an underground town when we visit Coober Pedy. Temperatures can get so hot here, the townspeople decided it was more comfortable to move underground! We’ll take a town tour and stay in an underground bunkhouse. Try your luck here ‘noodling’ for opals, a truly unique souvenir if you can find one! Feel connected to the land during your visit to Uluru. The Anangu have a deeply spiritual connection here and you can get an appreciation for this at the Culture Centre and on the Anangu guided Mala Walk at the base. Be swept away by the beauty of the rock on the base walk and the sunset and sunrise viewings, where you can literally see the colours changing over the rock as the sun fades.
Explore the Kata Tjuta domes. They may be lesser known than Uluru, but they are no less impressive. We’ll take a hike through the Valley of the Winds, winding through among the formations with views over the landscape. Be surprised by Kings Canyon. The first part may be challenging, but once you have reached the top you’ll be rewarded with the most impressive canyon and landscape views. Peer into the Canyon itself, look out over the surrounding landscape, discover the Lost City and Garden of Eden and look out for bush foods.
**This tour is operated by Adventure Tours Australia in partnership with Autopia Tours.
Day 1 - Adelaide to the Flinders Ranges
Day 2 - Oodnadatta Track and Lake Eyre
Day 3 - Outback and Coober Pedy
Day 4 - Coober Pedy to Yulara
Day 5 - Kata Tjuta and Uluru
Day 6 - Uluru to Kings Canyon
Day 7 - Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Adelaide to Alice Springs Tours Packing Tips
- 1.5 Litre Water Bottle
- Sleeping Bag, not available for purchase onboard
- 15kg soft luggage and small day bag
- Any medications you usually take
- Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions
- Warm jacket, thermals, woollen hat is advisable for the colder months
- Comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread
- Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- Swimmers, towel & toilettes
- Camp torch/headlamp
Book direct with Uluru helicopter flight
Please note this tour is not operated by us and can have different terms and conditions. We recommend you visit their website for all the details. Weather can impact on these tours, which is outside of our control. Tours may be cancelled, in which case a full refund will be issued by Uluru helicopter flight.
Default departure location: Adelaide Central YHA, 135 Waymouth St, Adelaide @ 6:30 am (view Map)
Please arrive 15mins prior to the departure time.
- Please bring your own sleeping bag on Adelaide to Alice Springs Tours, as they are not available for purchase or hire.
- This tour and vehicle is not suitable for children or infants. Minimum age is 18 years old.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks, you will need to be prepared for walk between 3-9 km on some days.
- This tour covers long distances and there is often little or no phone signal, a satellite phone is carried your guide encase of emergencies.
- We recommend pre-booking any optional activities in advance to avoid disappointment.
- We also recommend all guests have travel insurance organised prior to departure.
- Accommodation each night is basic, with most nights camping in an Aussie swag or dome tents. Facilities can be quite basic most nights with showers not available every evening. You may not be able to charge devices most evenings.
- Please have Alice Springs accommodation arranged prior to departure, as accommodation there can get busy and there will be limited opportunity to book along the way.
Food & Dietary Requirements
- Your guide will prepare most of the meals whilst on tour, but you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes.
- Passengers with special meal requirements or food allergies MUST ensure they notify their travel agents or us at the time of booking.
- Food is purchased prior to the commencement of this tour and special requirements cannot be catered for after departing.
Reconfirming Your Booking
- Please reconfirm at least 48-hours prior to departure and notify us of any dietary requirements, medical conditions.
- This will give you the opportunity to reconfirm your pickup location and departure time too.
- Providing a travelling contact phone number prior to departure, makes it easier for us to find you during morning pickups
Arriving into Alice Springs
- Please avoid arranging flights out of Alice Springs until the following day after the tour finishes, in case of any delays due to traffic.
- Guests can’t be dropped off at Alice Springs airport.